C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Has anyone used the Needle Beetle? I happened to read about it today. It almost seems like the lace carriage with my KX881(?) - Standard Brother metal bed w/punch card. I did play around with that and made a square of lace. 

I don’t plan to get into patterning until after I am able to shape well enough to make a sweater. I don’t need to mess with patterning right now. I was just wondering.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
I have one, it selects needles for 8 stitch patterns. I have tried tuck stitch with it so far, and I have watched some videos - I think it will be useful... I also have the Weave-R but have not tried it yet...
Joy 😊
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
(I have a kh881 Brother punchcard, but haven't used it for a while...) have you made much on yours.? 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Yes, KH881. I am still trying to figure out machine knitting. I wasn’t getting anywhere with it. I did do a heart with manually maneuvering needles to make holes that formed a heart. I actually followed the chart correctly. I have not used the many punchcards. I hope to be able to use the KH881 once I am more experienced. 

For me, it is easier to learn on the LM150. I will only be using that for a while.

Thanks for the Needle Beetle info. I did manual tuck on my lk150. I think if I did it with a lot of needles, the needle beetle would help.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
You can use Needle Beetle for any stitch that needs needle selection - slip, fairisle, anything that uses an 8 stitch pattern... 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
The Needle Beetle will select needles, but it doesn't work like the lace carriage.  Instead of using your needle selector and counting needles, the tool will position your needles for patterning.  Here's a link to the KrisKrafter site.  There is a video in the tiny image just below the large image of the device (look for the play button)
https://www.kriskrafter.com/product-page/needle-beetle-needle-selector
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC