C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago

I just wanted to offer some feedback on the new look of the website. 

I don't know if it is just because I am more active and using it more, but I am finding it easier to get around. 

I had trouble figuring out the search function at first. I did not realize you keep selecting another area of the website to search and not have to retype the search criteria each time. You just type in the criteria and select where you want to search and keep changing the section where you want to search until you find everything that meets your search criteria. At first I was not sure I liked this, but I really do now. We now can see where this item is actually located when you are given results. I don't know if that is a change because I have just started using that. If you searched the Courses and got a hit, you know for future reference that it is there. If you search another area, you might find more, and you know the search criteria can be found there, too. I like this.

I do think, however, the Category requirement at the bottom, needs to me moved up to the top above or below the Title text box, with a red star denoting it is required. I really had a hard time with that when I first started, and I believe someone else, recently, had that issue. At the bottom, it is not seen very easily, and it needs to be shown as required. I know it is at the bottom, right above where you select to post, etc, but by then, most just go to the Post button, and miss the category requirement. It will make it easier, I think.

I love the forum layout. I think it is sleek, fresh and easy. I hope this helps, in case you are wondering.

J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Cynthia, I have just tested it, and you can't post without picking a category...
If you miss it and go to 'post,' it shouts up 'please select a category from the list' 🙂
Joy
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I was just saying that I think it would be easier for newbies to see it and know it is required if it is moved and marked. I know when I first started, it took me forever to figure it out. I had to use my iPhone at that time, and that makes it even harder. I was just suggesting to move it up so it is more visible and know to be required. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Cynthia,
Thanks for your feedback!
Are you thinking that the message "Please select a category" should display above the search input box?

search.jpg 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Oh, the Select a Category suggestion was for when you post a new topic on the forum. I was trying to be clear, lost my first draft when I had to leave the site, and forgot parts when I was able to come back and actually provide the feedback. Sorry. I think that is why Joy was confused by my post, also. I forgot to mention that that part was for when submitting a new Forum Topic. 

This is what I meant:

For the forum, I do think, however, when submitting a new topic in the forum, the Category requirement, at the bottom, needs to be moved up to the top above or below the Title text box, with a red star denoting it is required. I really had a hard time with that when I first started, and I believe someone else, recently, had that issue. At the bottom, it is not seen very easily, and it needs to be shown as required. I know it is at the bottom, right above where you select to post, etc, but by then, most just go to the Post button, and miss the category requirement. It will make it easier, I think.

ADDENDUM: I think the category would be best between the Title and Body of the new topic post. Type the title, select the category, type what you have to say, submit.

I think the Select a Category for forum postings of a new topic should be up between the Title Text box and the body of the post text box. And should be noted as “ *Required�. It would be easier to spot. I had a hard time when I first started posting here. I would finish typing in the body of the post and keep trying to submit it. After a while, it dawned on me that that box at the bottom wanted the category. If it was right below the Title text box, and noted as required with a red star, it would be very visible. I know it needs to be done, now, but I do forget at times. If it was requested at the top, I think it would be better.

With the Category at the bottom of the body text box, it seems counter-intuitive.

The “Search� feature is fine. I actually love that.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
(It does 'shout at you' in red on both the android screen and desktop screen now if you miss it, 'category' is above 'post' so you shouldn't miss it really... I think anyway � )
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Sorry, I mis-understood.  The forum is a third-party software and we have very little control over the layout.
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Thank you that information �
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC