C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Well, I decided to ready for February's Knit Along. I just did a tension swatch to see which tension I wanted to use with the new yarn. I will wash and dry it soon. Before washing, I prefer the mast at 7 and the carriage dial at 4.5. It will be interesting to see how it is after it is washed and dried. 

After I get it washed and dried and decide, I will do my gauge. 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Look forward to seeing it - what yarn are you using? 🙂
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I am using one of the Tamm cones I bought from Knit Knack shop a little while ago. I bought 4 cones of different colors. The Knit Along is for necklines, so I am using my least favorite color this it, 😂.
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I washed and dried my tension swatch today for the yarn I will use for the Feb Knit Along. I used Tamm acrylic cone yarn.

2A76534F-91A7-431F-A644-21BA65BEBAE6.jpeg 
The top is carriage dial set at 4.5. The bottom section is set at 5. I am torn between the 5 and 4.5. I know I don't want it tighter or looser. I think I will use the tension 5. It is a little softer. I want to use this for a sweater eventually, so even though the knit along will not be making a finished project, I want to see what the neckline will be like with the 5 tension. I will do a gauge swatch this week, and then wash and dry it.

I think I did the tension swatch correct. It is hard to have the video while I am knitting, so I have the watch the video, take notes and then go knit. I am going to try to move things around to allow me to watch Knit It Now videos while I am knitting. If you see a problem with my tension swatch, please feel free to let me know.

Oh, I did not stretch when I pinned it down flat. I just unrolled the edges and stuck a pin in the edge. No stretching of the knitted fabric.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC