N P
Nicola Pople

2 years ago

This design, Scafell, is a hand knit by Marie Wallin from Ravelry. I used knititnow Carnation pattern to knit it on my Sk155 chunky.
Knit in rowan brushed fleece for a lightweight fuzzy sweater.
I had to hand manipulate the pattern as it’s much wider than the 12 hole punchcard for my SK155. 
I also had to rip the hem and reduce the stitches by almost a third as it was flaring badly despite using the “ designer hemâ€?  technique and a tighter tension.
It came out well in the end and I’m very pleased with my first attempt at knitting fair isle 5F2CE840-20A0-47DF-A04E-746A9A06B40C.jpeg

J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
You may well be pleased!  It must have taken a lot of patience an perseverance to hand-select all that patterning and it looks beautiful.  Some little person is going to be thrilled to wear that.

Jenny
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
It's really lovely 😊 😊 
N P
Nicola Pople

2 years ago

Thank you but funny…. It’s adult size, for me. 
I was surprised at how painless the hand manipulation was. I still keep reminding myself how long it would take to hand knit something like this which is what I did for decades!

J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
Oh, sorry!  I did wonder if it was safe to mention the size as there was nothing to judge it by in the photo, so I just assumed - wrongly:-(

Jenny
N P
Nicola Pople

2 years ago

Looking at the pic it does seem like a child’s sweater I agree. Thanks for looking and commenting Jenny. 

S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Beautiful!
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
That is lovely.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702