C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
I am very confused. Things have changed so much since I joined the site. I haven't used a pattern in years because I could never figure out how to use my machines. I wanted to create a pattern and just knit the top half of the front and back for the neckline/collar practice. 

I went to my patterns and noticed that I could not add another size, even though there are only 2. I also could not adjust either of the two. The Perfect Fit your Garment only goes up to a size 8 or something like that. I haven't seen that size for many decades, LOL.

I was hoping to find that chart that shows what to measure, and how. I thought there were sheets you could print before, too. You know, the way it was when you built a pattern years ago.

I don't want to use a current one, because I know those measurements are not going to be accurate. I can't add a third, or edit either of the two. I am logged in. 

B054CAE4-89A6-4B8C-9D31-4DB27BB90BCE.jpeg 
There are only two, and no option to do a third so that I can start from scratch. I think I am having a brain drain moment?

A9A4545A-E99B-4D75-8529-D624DFE2BC99.jpeg 

If I choose the Select size, they are not large enough. 

Thanks for any assistance that can be offered. It is probably a simple thing, but I am not finding it.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Size 8 measures  46 1/2, inches. If you choose a size you can see what measurements it is going to be. 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Click on 'Perfect fit your garment', and it starts a new one, I've just tested it 😊
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
If you click on 'resize ' you can change your pattern.
Joy 😊
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
To print it, click on 'view' then 'print'
Joy 😊 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago
Thank you Joy. I have my pattern completed. I have to wait a few days before I begin. Then I will read it through first, before starting the section I am going to practice with.

I am not doing the sweater I wanted to do. I have found a simpler one. I have liked that Seraina for a long time, but I have switched to a simpler design. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Cynthia!

I went to my patterns and noticed that I could not add another size, even though there are only 2.

Because you are a subscriber you can always delete any patterns you've built use the black X to make room for a new pattern

1.jpg 

The Perfect Fit your Garment only goes up to a size 8 or something like that. I haven't seen that size for many decades, LOL.

The sizing names are just that ... names ... they could be called yellow, green and blue.  It's the dimensions that are important

I was hoping to find that chart that shows what to measure, and how. I thought there were sheets you could print before, too. You know, the way it was when you built a pattern years ago.

How to measure?  DON'T MEASURE YOUR BODY.  Measure something you wear.  Measure make your pattern measurements match your garment measurements

Lay your sample sweater flat and measure A-B-C-E-F and make your pattern match your garment
2.jpg 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

2 years ago

Thanks. I have my pattern built. I was going to start, but, I won't get far before the Live event today, that I hope to attend. I will wait so I don't have to stop if I am on a roll. 

Thanks, Everyone. I hope my question helped, or will help others.

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC