K F
Kathleen Fraser

2 years ago
Arghh,
I have knit the pieces for the KIN Heather pullover in a complex pattern and the sleeves are way - at least 2â€? - too short!  I followed my pattern exactly as generated and the measurements of the pieces are all what the pattern has said they will be, in fact, the finished sleeve is actually about 3/4â€? longer than it should be and it is still too short.  I don’t have particularly long arms. It was hard to check the finished sleeve length because it is a drop shoulder and I could not find how long the drop was.  I am so disappointed!  Hours wasted!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Kathleen,
I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you.

Did you measure your sleeve length from the underarm?  That eliminates any guesswork about drop from a drop shoulder sweater.

It looks like you built your pattern with a sleeve length of 14.25" PLUS 2.5" for ribbing. (16.75")

16.75" times your gauge of 7.5sts per 1" = 125 rows

The pattern instructed you to knit  (H+C+D) 19+103+3 = 125 rows

sleeve`.jpg 

K F
Kathleen Fraser

2 years ago
Thanks Sue.  That is exactly what I did knit.  But I have learned something too.  I did not know how to figure out what sleeve length I needed as I have not knit a drop shoulder before.  Now I know, thanks to you.  My underarm length is 20â€?.  So I need an additional 3â€? and will regenerate the pattern and try again.  
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC