A V
Aranka Van

2 years ago
I just had an idea
Maybe it is something that people allready do, or maybe it is something that would never work. Very interested to see which of both it is!
I searched and could not find a video about this, or did I miss it?

The idea is to seam the sides of a sweater on the machine. You would do it the same way as you seam shoulders on the machine where you pull stiches of one piece through stitches of the other piece. 

Would this idea work?

Seaming always takes lots of time for me, especially raglan seams. You could seam the raglans (front+sleeve, back+sleeve) on the machine too. It would be a lot neater! Again by pulling stitches through stitches followed by a bind off
Or maybe knitting 1 row followed by a bind off? (like you attach a neckband to a neckline!)

I can't try it out myself, I am not with a machine right now.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this.
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
Interesting idea!  I don't know why I've never thought of trying it  I always seam shoulders on the machine:  I don't pull one set of stitches through the other, but usually knit 1 row at Main Tension (MT) and then 1 row at about MT+3 followed by a latch tool bind off.

I really hate sewing up and have a very bad habit of putting it off so I currently have several garments waiting to be seamed.  I think I will try seaming one of them on the machine and see what I think.

I will report back in due course.  Watch this space!

Jenny
A V
Aranka Van

2 years ago
Great
Can't wait 🙂
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Many knitters ONLY seam on the machine.
Here's a video
https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/520/seaming-putting-it-all-together

Sue
M C
Marie-Jo Chaminade-Saintesprit

2 years ago
Hello, Aranka, I used to seam my garments on the machine. But when I learnt the Mattress stitch method, I realized that I preferred this way of sewing! It's perhaps a little longer, but it's worth the effort. And the garment is much more comfortable, with no bulky seams! Nevertheless, I'm very interested in Jenny's experience, so I stay tuned..
j d
josephine donohoe

2 years ago
I always do seams on the machine now that I have learned how to do it. Very pleased with the results!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC