K C
Kristin Coble

2 years ago
My LK 150 just arrived today. I've been playing around with the machine since it arrived this evening. I'm incredibly grateful I found this site! I've been binge-watching lessons all day.

I followed the manual to give the machine a try and did the gauge swatch for the yellow ruler that came with the machine. I'm letting it rest tonight and I'll lightly steam it, dry it, and measure it, tomorrow.

I really like the "getting to know you" swatch to figure out the right tension for the yarn. I used a DK weight acrylic for my swatch.  IMG_20220413_231714.jpg 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

Hi Kristin!
Looking good!  You are on the right track!

Besides all the technical stuff with each machine, learning what yarns to use is one of the biggest parts of the learning curve.

Gone are the days when a designer could say "use XYZ yarn, get this gauge and knit my pattern" .

We need to "get acquainted" with the yarns we have or are available to us.

Keep up the good work!
Sue

K C
Kristin Coble

2 years ago
I had to laugh when I measured my swatch this morning. My gauge matched the ball band "suggested gauge" exactly. I have never been able to match a gauge while hand knitting on the first swatch attempt. I wasn't even thinking about the ball band for the yarn. I just did a "get acquainted" swatch to see which tension setting looked and felt the best. Then knitted my tension swatch. I was looking at the ball band afterwards to see how many yards in the ball when I saw my tension was the same. 22 stitches & 30 rows. 

I'm really enjoying your courses, Sue! Thank you 😊
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Kristin,
I'm so glad we are able to help you with your knitting.

If you matched the ball band gauge (without trying) I think you should go buy a lottery ticket!😊
Sue
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC