C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago

Sue,

I absolutely love your new KIN Machine Knitter's Bookshelf. What a fantastic idea. I have a few of the books you placed on your bookshelf. What a wonderful bonus addition to the Knit Club. Just wanted to let you know that it is definitely a �.

S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
😄 thank you!

Just a reminder, the list is provided so you can inventory your bookshelf. Rate and comment to share with other knitters.  
We don't have the books for sale.

Even though most are out if print, they can often be found on eBay, or ar estate sales.
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
I haven't had time to add the inventory of my bookshelf yet but I just wanted to say that I think this is an excellent addition to the already superb KiN site.  Thank you, Sue!

Jenny
C L
Cecilia Lenagh

1 year ago

Such a great resource. Thank you!

Unfortunately, my home flooded last March and we lost our physical book collection along with everything else. I am slowly acquiring some replacements for cherished favourites. And thank goodness for e-books, which are impervious to rivers.

Cecilia

C L
Cecilia Lenagh

1 year ago
I'd been collecting Kathleen Kinder's books, which I do thoroughly recommend for their meticulous research and lucid writing, but I can't inventory those in detail as I no longer have them.
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
I am trying to figure out how to add my books. I have looked at the Bookshelf All and my own (obviously there are nine there yet). I can't see any button or anything to add my books to my bookshelf. It is probably there, I just can't fine it.

Also, I have no idea what to use for all the options I see in the listing. Is it necessary to have all those options? I am not on that page right now to to be able to use the exact wording, I think there are categories you can use, but if we don't know exactly what category to use, can we skip that, or just pick the ones we know fit?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Hi Cynthia
If you have books that aren't yet in the database, we ask that you make suggestions for additions to the KIN bookshelf.  Look for the green button "make a suggestion"

2022-05-16_6-20-41.jpg 

MOST IMPORTANTLY.  Please use the star rating system to let other knitter know if the book has been valuable to you.  It will help them to decide to invest the time and $$ in locating a copy (especially the out of print books)

You can build your personal "inventory" from the description page of each book.  Look for the button "I have this book"
have_this_book.jpg 

When you submit a book, just guess at the categories.  I manually 'activate' any suggestions and will make changes if needed.
Sue
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
Thank you. I have just commented and rated a book that I have from your list. I have another one of the books in your list, but I need to re-read it again before commenting or rating.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC