T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
My  carriage transfers the stitches to the other needle,  but in ca 20 % av transfers IMG_20220520_113838.jpg  IMG_20220520_113629.jpg  it does not release the stitch entirely from the old needle. It splits the yarn,  and half of the thread sits on both needles. It is easy to correct by releasing and rehanging  the  loop,  but it is annoying. 
I am working on a project with handmanipulated lace and a lace panel single motiv by punchcard. Have a knittmaster type machine,  use lace carriage 360,  that means transfer and knit in the same pass. My lace carriages knits propperly,  stitches and holes in both directions.
Work is propper weighted, ,  yarn is 50/50 wool cotton blend,  knits easily on the machine.
Any suggestions,  how to avoid this not intended "brother fine lace effect" by splitting the yarn?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Hi Tina!
I'm sorry you are struggling.  The project is beautiful!

I wish I had a solution for you.

Some suggestions:
  • If it's the same needle(s) every time,try replacing them.  The lace carriage is fussy.
  • Check the sinker post .. In your close up  the sinker post by the "bad" stitch looks slightly crooked.  You can use a pair of pliers to straighten it (make sure the pliers are padded so they don't damage the post)
  • How's the spongebar? (sorry, I had to add that one)
Fingers Crossed.
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
It seemed to be the yarn after all. It had a tendency to split by manipulating. Knits beautiful though. And the spongebar was not quite as well as i thought... Yeah,  the lace carriage is a little picky. IMG_20220522_155642.jpg 
But now my sweater is waiting/drying.
I can't wait for the assembling. This time i planned a little better,  and got it nearly perfect,  gauge is fine,  long tails where needed,  a perfect outcome of the pattern. I even did the math about enough yarn. Ok,  i did that wrong,  and playd yarn chicken without need.Thought i had 5 gramm plus after using all swatches,     and it turned out having left 60 g plus the swatches🤣🤣🤣. That should do for the neckline.
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Bettina, it's looking really good! 😊 😊 
Joy 
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Looking forward to seeing you wearing it 😊
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Looks great!  Good job!

Sue
N M
Nancy Mangeri

1 year ago
If this occurs with 'non-splitting ' yarn  Also check that the latch is able to open and close completely easily.  If it doesn't then replace that needle.
N M
Nancy Mangeri

1 year ago
Looks great! 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
Thank you. You all are so helpfull and supportive. I will check the hints.😊
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
The sweater is finished. It turned out perfect.Got a flawless finishing,  too. I learnt so much at this project.love it.
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Bettina, it looks lovely, and looks as if it fits you perfectly!! You must be really pleased with it!
Joy 😊 😊 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
Oh,  i really am😊
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
😊😊
S J
Silvana Johnson

1 year ago