L D
Linda Dobson

1 year ago
Hi, I have a new mid gauge taitexma machine & ribber on the way to me & I’m wondering if anyone else has one & how you like it? This is going to be an experiment for me because I have 2 fusions in my neck & had to sell my bulky machine because it caused spasms. I’m hoping I’ll be able to handle the mid gauge. I have an LK-150 but wanted a machine with a ribber. I’m hoping it will handle scrubby yarn for making dishcloths among other things.
C C
Chris Claassen

1 year ago
I received mine late fall. So far I have found it easy to use although I have not done anything complicated yet and have only used wool and acrylic yarn. 
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
I bought a mid-gauge Taitexma & ribber a little while ago and haven't used it a great deal yet, but enough - I think - to make a few valid comments about it.

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't the *exact* copy of a Brother machine, as i had expected it to be, but there are not too many buttons and levers to get used to handling and the Course for this machine that Sue offers is really useful, so I do recommend that even if you are a seasoned machine knitter, as I am.

I don't think the Taitexma is as well made as the Brothers I am used to and there were a couple of little annoyances, but there are ways around them.  For one thing, the yarn mast does not "lock" into it's hole firmly but I found putting a T-pin into the hole in front of the mast kept the mast firmly in position.  Secondly, the claw weights provided do not match the gauge so it's difficult to hang them on the cast-on comb, but as Sue has pointed out somewhere, the remedy for this is to push 1 or 2 of the claws down.  The first time I used my machine I was a bit heavy-handed with it and managed to break a needle, so I am careful to be gentle now.

The Racking process is slightly different to what I am used to as there is no separate Pitch lever, but the Racking Handle moves the bed half a pitch at the time. I find it not so easy to see exactly what setting I have it on.

I have used Aran weight yarn very successfully using both beds.  I have also had good results with DK (Double Knitting) which is what I will want to use most, I think, but the actual "weight" of DK varies a lot and I have some which knits best at about Tension 2, which does not allow for knitting a rib at MT -3 or MT -4.  That's not too much of a problem for me because I can hand-knit ribs or do them on the standard gauge machine.  I have tried a "chunky" yarn and I think that knitted at the loosest tension, but the fabric was a little stiff for my preference.

I'm sure you are excited as I was, waiting for the delivery!  I just hope you don't experience all the delays and then problems with Customs & Excise and the local delivery company which I did.  I have no regrets about buying the machines, though.  I have named them Dianne (main bed) & Eddie (ribber) after dear friends of mine!

Jenny
Wrexham, UK
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
I agree that the machines have their pluses and minuses.

As for the mast issue - we've been able to solve this by shortening the mast slightly

There is more information in the "heads up" section of the course

https://www.knititnow.com/challenge/86/Group/4312/item
[warning] 

About the claw weight, If you bend a couple of teeth, it makes it easier to hang the weights on the cast on comb.

[claw_weights1]
H R
Hope Ryan

1 year ago
I received my Taitexma in the fall, but I have one project to complete on my older machine before I transition to it.  This discussion just encouraged me to get to it, so I can do full immersion with the Taitexma (course, then small practice project). 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Hope,
Don't forget you have the complete "soup-to-nuts" course in your library.
https://www.knititnow.com/challenge/86/taitexma-th-tr-getting-started
H R
Hope Ryan

1 year ago
Yes - that's the plan!
L D
Linda Dobson

1 year ago

Sorry Ladies. I’ve had a busy summer so far! I’m still waiting for my machine…delayed. 😕 I appreciate all the input & I’m definitely going to take the course! 

I have a 360 & ribber also so I think I’ll work on utilizing my ribber more while I wait for the other one. I also have an LK150, & have been playing with that one also. 

S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
We just received word that more mid-gauge machines and ribbers are on the way (only 5).

Just opened up the shopping cart.
https://www.knititnow.com/store/product/783/taitexma-mid-gauge-th-tr/Machinedetails
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC