K C
Kristin Coble

1 year ago
I just got a new-to-me SK 280 yesterday from a wonderful Knit It Now member. Thank you, Juavue! And thank you, Sue, for putting us in touch!

I went through my knitting room and did a purge of everything I no longer need. My son's girlfriend loves to crochet, so I'm giving her a bunch of hand knitting yarn I won't be using. Now I finally have space to set up the new machine.

Question: when setting up the SK 280, do you oil it before you put on the carriage? Or do you take the carriage off and then oil it?

Also, do I need to wax my yarn to use it if I'm not using coned yarn? My old machine from the 90s required waxing the yarn. I used to buy hair wax and put it in my hand as I used my ball winder to make cakes. Just wanted to see if you need to use wax with a newer machine or not.

Can't wait to get it all set up and do some swatches! 😊
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Congrats!  Isn't it fun to get a new machine?

I would oil with the carriage off - also add a little oil to the under side of the carriage.

Wax is a tricky subject.  It isn't machine specific, but yarn specific.  If you are having trouble knitting with a specific yarn, wax it. 

Some knitters wax every yarn - others not so much.

Have fun!
K C
Kristin Coble

1 year ago
Thank you, Sue 😊
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC