K F
Kathleen Fraser

1 year ago

I am trying to knit the waffle stitch on my SK/SR 155 ribber knitter.  Using the KIN video and Diana Sullivans I have discovered that my tuck stitch is not working.  The carriage lays the yarn across the ribber needles instead of laying it on the knitter needles - more like a slip stitch. I have cleaned the carriage and oiled it, reviewed my settings in the manuals and still no luck.  watching the mechanical movement of the carriage seems to show that things are working properly.  

So I am wondering if the Singer machine has some other little idiosyncrasy like when using the ribber I can only use the tuck on the ribber?  Or only use the tuck on the main bed without the ribber?  Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.  I am stumped.

J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Is your ribber set on plain knitting? 🤔🤔
Joy
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
I'm sorry, I don't have a 155 set up to test

I found this previous forum post - perhaps there is a limitation on the 155?

https://www.knititnow.com/forum/?p=post%2Fsksr-155-fishermans-rib-11252633%3Fhighlight%3Dsk155%26pid%3D1321483319
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Looking at Sue's linked post, it looks as if it won't work for you.
Joy
K F
Kathleen Fraser

1 year ago
I figured it out!  I am so proud of myself😊. I have to do the tuck on the ribber.  The main bed is just plain knit.  Thanks for the tips.  I am knitting hats for the local maternity ward. 5E7411CD-1B52-43EE-8A97-EE2600FC09C6.jpeg 
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Oh that's brilliant, well done! 😊 😊 
N M
Nancy Mangeri

1 year ago
Good for you!  Sometimes all it takes is a break from the problem and telling it to some one to get the gears turning Properly.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC