K C
Kristin Coble

1 year ago
Working on a beach cover up for my step daughter on my LK 150. Was knitting along merrily until I accidently hit one of my levers on the carriage. It dropped the last 6 stitches on the right hand side. I rescued the dropped stitches with a knitting needle. The problem is, I can't latch them back up because there are too many threads tangling on themselves. Am I doomed to unravel it all the way back?

IMG_20220621_141839.jpg  IMG_20220621_141845.jpg 
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
I think you will have to rip back the rows with the dropped stitches, but it shouldn't take too long to get back to where you were.

What I would do is strip the piece off the machine and pull back to about 2 or 3 rows above the start of the problem, ending with the yarn on the right if you are right-handed.  Then I would start to re-hang the stitches, pulling back and hanging one stitch at a time.  It it's difficult to get your transfer tool into the actual stitch, go into the row below.  At the start, you might need to go 2 or 3 rows down to catch all the stitches.  Now unravel on the machine for the last row or 2.

I've found this method is much quicker than trying to unravel numerous rows on the machine and also helps to avoid having any stitches run further down than you need.   I am a machine knitter with more years of experience than I care to admit to, but I still have to unravel multiple rows from time to time!

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
I agree with @Jenny M Benson, but I would also suggest...

Drop the knitting from the machine and run a row of ravel cord ( or a highly contrasting smooth yarn)  in a row just below the dropped stitches.

Use a darning needle and just run the cord through each stitch

You can then rip back to that point and rehang the stitches.  Leave the ravel cord in place as a "lifeline" until the piece is finished.

[lifeline4] 
N M
Nancy Mangeri

1 year ago
Time wise, Sue's tip is the way to go.  Be sure to count the riws you rip back so you can correct the row counter after replacing the Stitches .   Been MK ing for 50 years and still have an oops on occasion.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC