S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
A fellow knitter is trying to use  a KRC 900 with her Brother 260 and it doesn't fit.

According to our machine database, she needs a KRC1000M

Can anyone confirm this?

Do you use a color changer with your Brother 260?
C S
Cherie Smiley

1 year ago
I have the KRC 900.  It fits the Brother 260 but only with the ribber attached and with the ribber carriage.  Please refer to page 2 in the instruction manual.  It shows how to set up for the 4.5 pitch and the Bulky machine (it doesn't say 9 pitch).  There is a Sliding Bar on the underside.  Un-screw that part and look at the underside of the arm more carefully  You'll see a capital A and a capital B embossed in the metal.  Re-attach the sliding arm piece to the capital B location.  The manual describes prominence B (for Bulky Punch Card Machine).  Before attaching the arm to the machine, you'll need to push the sponge (they say felt) bar to the right side to make room for the projecting part that fits in the space created when you push the sponge bar to the right.

Hope this helps....
C S
Cherie Smiley

1 year ago
PS - You may need to adjust the unit once it is attached. so the the carriage slides in tje color changer and changes the yarn color.  There is a thumb screw on the right of the slider on the underside of the color changer 4-button console.  Try a sample first to determine if you need to adjust or not.  I've marked the underside with a black felt pen (for bulky) and red  felt pen (for regular 4.5 pitch).  That will make it easier if you change between two different machines.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Hi Cherie!
THANK YOU!  It's good to know this color changer can be used on both gauges of machine.
I've updated our database and let the knitter who was struggling know.
Sue
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC