C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
I have had to be away from Machine Knitting, after making progress with my learning. I am just checking into the forum to keep myself in the loop. I ha e been doing this whenever I can.

I was hoping to get back to the sweater I was doing for a class, a couple months ago, but I had to put it on hold again. I am hoping the week after next will be able to get back to it. 

Here is my plan. I am going to rewatch the videos explaining how to do all the steps necessary to do a sweater, ie swatching, necklines, short rows, etc. I usually have to do it, as I watch, which is not possible right now, but might be at the end of the coming week, but, I think that since I have done them a few times, watching might do the trick, at least to refresh which video might have what I might get stuck on. 

What I am going back and forth on is how to re-start. I have that class project done up to rehanging the neckline and shoulder stitches and picking up the needed stitches. I had it hung when I had to stop, I removed it so it would not be hanging all this time. All I did was rehang the stitches, I had not picked up the in between stitches.

I am thinking that maybe instead of continuing, I redo the videos after I can do more than watch? The class sweater is almost done, so the other side of me is saying to go ahead and finish this sweater and then do the video lessons, where I need to refresh by doing, and then do another complete small sweater, and move on from there. 

Any thoughts from someone who has been in this position while still learning?

Thanks.
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
My advice would be to watch the videos you need to remind yourself about picking up necklines and finishing off a sweater.  Then complete the one you have started.  You will feel so encouraged when you have finished a complete garment and it will boost your confidence.  Then decide on your next project - perhaps another simple sweater - and learn as you go with that one by "swotting up" on each step before tackling it one the machine.  For example, look at different ways of casting on and decide which is best suited to your project and make a start.  Then get yourself comfortable with hem or ribbed welt or whatever you want to do and knit that.  You will not be attempting to learn too many techniques all at once and you will have something to show for your efforts as your project builds.

Jenny
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Yes I totally agree with Jenny �😊😊
Joy x
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
Thank you Jenny and Joy. That makes a lot of sense. 

Again, this is the best forum. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Amen, @Jenny M Benson ðŸ˜Š
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC