J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Hi everyone!
I'm weighing up the pros and cons of selling all my metal machines apart from one, as I have loads of fine yarn to knit summer tops etc with so I need to keep one standard gauge.
I'm going to keep my Lk150 for uk 4ply (fingering) upwards , and maybe get a 2nd one so I can have the standard gauge and lk150 in our house in France, and an lk150 in our motorhome /boat in the UK, as we will be sharing our time between France and the UK. .
I don't know which standard gauge to keep, as I have a brother electronic, and a  brother punchcard, with ribber, and 2 x singer/Superba fixed double bed electronics, with one singer/Superba motor which I haven't even checked yet lol. 
There are pros and cons for all of them - electronics won't work if they 'die' or we have no electricity for any reason.  Punchcard you can use anywhere. 
Brother and ribber are in 2 boxes, singer fixed double bed is in one box, easier to transport if necessary. 
Singer double bed, the beds are much closer than the Brothers, and can knit circular knitting really well, especially for socks.
Are there any other things I should put into the equation? Lol
Look forward to any suggestions as to what others might do...?? 
Joy 😊 
A B
Audrey Bramel

1 year ago
Hi Joy,
Which do you use the most? Those are the ones I would keep.  I like the thought of 2 lk150. 1 in each place. And I would keep the brother punch card  with ribber in France. Even if it is in 2 boxes, once you set it up, it won't matter.  If you have the room, keep one of the double beds for circular knitting. I have never used an electronic machine, so I can't give an opinion.  My "go to" is my first metal machine, a studio 360 punch card with ribber.  

Another thought is:  what do you feel like knitting in each location.  Do you think of lighter summer  knits in France and heavier warmer knits in UK? if so that is where I would keep machines.

Just my rambles 😀 
Audrey

J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Thanks Audrey, that makes good sense...
My Lk150 is already in France, I think I'll take a double bed electronic in October when we go back, and maybe the brother punchcard with ribber if we can fit it in our motorhome...
Then I'll have to choose which yarn to take as well.... Lol 😂 😂 
Joy
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC