S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
I know so many DAK uses struggling with creating lace patterns.  (for good reason)

I've been "noodling" on this.  I think there are 3 ways a knitter would want to create a lace pattern in DAK.
  1. Use a "punchcard" or machine knitting diagram
  2. Use a hand knitting diagram and symbols
  3. Use a photograph of some knitted lace.
Am I missing anything? 

All 3 of these methods could use different techniques to get the pattern into DAK correctly.
What do you think?
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
I succseefully scanned inn a punchcard.
The easiest way for me to get a lace pattern is to draw it after a diagramm. It is holes after all with right and leftleaning decreases at the side. Hand knitting charts are best,  but sometimes it is as easy with  a photo of the knitted lace,  if the pattern is simple plein lace.
For easy knitting As a silver reed girl i have to take in mind  the one-pass-method,  that means,  it knits left leaning decreases on its way left,  and right leaning decreases on its way right. That may mean to alter the ammount of stokkinette rows in between to meet my tecnical boundaries. 

What i still struggle with,  are the edge stitches. A solution i found was to lay it out on a garment and erase the lace holes at the edge i dont want.
But i often use other pattern sources than DAK. Should you Recreate a knititnow pattern into a dak pattern  to knit the lace?
For now i omitt this problem by using my punchcard sk 326 for lace.
or i knit the dak lace as a pannel,  looking for patterns with stokkinette colums,  no shaping in the lace. There i can create a rectangle in Dak for laying out the pattern.
That is fine with me,  but There must be an easier way.
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
This is an exemple for what i mean. The panel was isolated,  the colums at the sides are hand maniplated.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Tina,
I love your sweater!
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
I am still struggeling with the machine to do what I want it to do,  but I think I now have a good overview over,  how to get around and get somewhat similar results,  🤣🤣🤣
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC