C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
I was wondering if anyone ever worked with these yarns.

6058DCCB-A96A-4BE8-B611-02B3EE254476.jpegA44A8C67-D0CC-4A27-BB31-4C1D1B4A00A7.jpeg

They are supposed to be very soft.

They all seem like the weight I want to use for knit tops, not sweater weight. These are like the sets we used to get with a shell and sweater-like top. This would be the light weight shell part.

They have nylon in them and I am not sure how that affects the knitting. I am not going to do patterning, just ribbed hems and stockinette. 

Is the nylon going to cause problems? 

I think I will have to use my standard machine, not my LK150. But I am currently knitting with 3/16 yarn with a tension of 2 in the carriage and 3 on the mast with my LK150 midsize, and it looks and feels nice.I think these yarns are lighter weight.

Thanks.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago

All of these have been very popular yarns for years for the standard machine. The nylon won't effect your knitting. You'll just need to be careful when blocking, Nylon doesn't like heat.

First, compare the yards per pound

Bebe 2214 ypp
Crystal 2953 ypp
Estillo 2953

Bebe is quite a bit heavier than the others.
Estillo is a tighter twist
Crystal has a bit of a shine

You might ask Charlene at Knit Knack Shop for some "reelings" (samples) of the yarns so you can feel each of them and decide which you prefer.

C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
Ooh, I never thought to ask Charlene for samples. She is the one I emailed about yarn options because I wanted to purchase from them. Thanks! Thanks for the info. Makes sense about the weight and yarn thickness. 
J H
Juavue Handy

1 year ago
Yes they work up beautiful. That is what I learned on my LK150 and the SkK280.
N M
Nancy Mangeri

1 year ago
They work up Nicely on the standard gauge machines.  But you must remember To knit swatches to find the best tension for your project .  Treat the swatches as you will the finished garment.  
If you steam your swatch use the LOWEST Heat setting possible  And DO NOT let the iron touch the swatch  (The nylon could melt to your iron.  It is hard to get off, I know from experience!!)
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC