L G
Linda Faye Goncher

1 year ago
I’m only doing swatches as I get familiar with machine knitting. As the manual & Knit It Now videos mention I’m attaching a long cast on comb on the initial loops. I continue knitting for a few rows & all is fine. Why after about Row 7 does the comb drop some of the stitches? These dropped loops (about 4 dropped stitches) occurs about 7 stitches in from the beginning? I do have a chip clip holding the initial thread that was fed into the carriage.

I appreciate any help here 😀

Linda
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Linda,
Will you please send a photo of what you are seeing?

Which cast on method are you using? Are you using the fast 'n easy cast on in the course?

Sue

J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Linda, the same thing often happens to me if I cast on the same way as you - I then remove the cast on comb and add weights... 
Joy 😊 
L G
Linda Faye Goncher

1 year ago

Thank you, Joy. You’ve been very helpful!

Linda

K C
Kristin Coble

1 year ago
If only the cast on is coming off the cast on comb, then it could be your carriage tension is too tight for the yarn you're using. Stockinette inherently curls to the knit side of the fabric. This will cause the fabric to curl away from the cast on comb at the bottom, especially when the tension is too tight.

If your tension is correct, then you may need an additional claw weight or two in the middle of your fabric to hold it in place when the fabric curls.

You could also try putting the cast on comb on backwards, so the teeth are facing you. If the bottom edge tries to curl, then it can't roll itself off the comb.

Hope this helps!
L G
Linda Faye Goncher

1 year ago
Kristin,
That’s a very helpful suggestion. I’m going to try that, thank you!
D K
Deb Knight

1 year ago
I so appreciate this thread! I too have the same problem but thought it was just a "me" issue!
L G
Linda Faye Goncher

1 year ago
[QUOTE username=Deb Knight  Deb Knight userid=7030670 postid=1333444642]I so appreciate this thread! I too have the same problem but thought it was just a "me" issue![/QUOTE]

Deb, putting the cast on comb backwards (awkward at first) really helps, especially as stated here the knitting will curl towards the machine.

Linda
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC