C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
This might be a silly question, but I was just going through the course. I have a printed bound manual coming. I have problems with digital manual, I am flying blind until then because I rely heavily on manuals to learn.

I was wondering, can this machine be used without patterns, just plain knitting? The course deals with patterns, which makes complete sense, but I am not quite there yet, too many issues to have to figure out for now.  So, in the meantime, can I just use the machine as a manual knitting machine, like the LK150 to get used to the knitting needle size, etc? I am thinking it can be used as a simple manual knitting machine and no patterns.

Thanks.
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
No question is a silly one if you need to know the answer!

Yes, you can use the 940 just like any only basic machine.  Don't bother to plug it in - just cast on and knit.

When you're ready to start patterning you will love how simple this can be with the 940.  It only starts to get complicated when you're ready to move on and start exploring the numerous capabilities of this machine.

Jenny
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
Thanks. I am setting it up today. I am hoping the cable is inside the case. I did find a light gray cable in a basket of accessories. I am hoping that if it is not in the case that that is the cable, for when I am ready. That is the only thing that Incan think of for that cable's use, although I did receive  a G-Carriage KG-93 for it and I am not sure if that takes a cable. I will see when I am ready to check out all the accessories that are not needed at the moment.

I sure wish I was younger and learning this! I feel like I need to rush everythung, 😂.
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
My problem - with the ageing process fairly well advanced - is not so much the learning as the remembering what I have learned!

Jenny
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC