C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
I have been gifted the Brother KR900 Ribber and Brother KH940 machines.

Is the below link for KR850 the correct manual for this KR900 machine, too?

https://www.knititnow.com/ManualAndDocuments/BEDC6E0D-5056-A02D-DFE3-E65FFD0DA651/brother-kr-ribber-user-guide

Also, what sponge bar does it take? I have been looking all over to see where I can get it. If I find one for the KR850, will that be the same one?

Are the needles for the KR850 the same as the ones the KR900 would use?

I changed it on the KH940 knitter. I am assuming that before I attach the ribber in about 3 months, I will need to change that sponge bar and check those needles before using it. 

Sorry for so many questions. I have been Googling so long, to figure it out on my own, that I am getting confused.
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Hi Cynthia
I don't know anything about the 940 , but the kr850 does not have a sponge bar, it is just a plastic bar that does not need changing.
Joy
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
I don't see that there is a KR900 manual available.  I can't imagine the manual is much different than the 850 - maybe someone here has one and can tell us the difference.

I have 2 KR 850 ribbers and they do not have a sponge bar.  They  only have a plastic bar.  There has been a lot of discussion about this over the years, but I've used this machine for years with only the plastic bar.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC