S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Let's knit some socks!

We've just released our updated patterns and added a new Swan Sock pattern to our pattern library.

Please join us for a LIVE Kick-off Zoom meeting Saturday October 8 @ 9am US Pacific.

Check your time zone here

Here are all the details 
red_sock.jpg
M B
Mary Ann Bucklin

1 year ago
I'm looking forward to working on the Swan Socks pattern.  It looks like I will be able to join the Zoom meetings on Saturday the 15th but not on the other days. Bummer!  I will have to watch the recording.
M B
Mary Ann Bucklin

1 year ago
Well, I finished the first sock.  So disappointed.  I did swatch and I’m convinced swatches lie.  The foot is supposed to measure 9 inches.  Finished measurement is 12 inches.  I followed the pattern although I would like a more pointed toe, but I figured I would work that out on the next pair. I decided that I would return this sock to the unknitted yarn stash and try something else.  Looks like I will have to go back to my short row heal pattern instead of the gusset pattern I was hoping would work out.  I’m not sure what went wrong with the row count being so far off from the swatch to the actual sock.  I suspect it may involve weights but I’m not sure how that could make such a large difference.  Well, back to the drawing board and maybe a time out for this pattern until after the New Year.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Hi Mary Ann!
I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you.
Just checking... you let the knitting rest before measuring right?  

Also to make a more pointed toe, you need to short row down to fewer stitches.  This will add some length to the foot, so you would knit fewer rows in the sole and instep to make up for it.

point.jpg

M B
Mary Ann Bucklin

1 year ago
Thanks Sue.  Yes the sock rested.  I also appreciate the diagram for the more pointed toe.  I usually go down to 4 or 6 stitches and would subtract the extra rows from the foot portion.  I will get back to that after the rush of the coming holidays.  My Guild has a challenge for us to knit 50 hats by Feb. of next year.  They will be donated so I’ll be using up some of my stash!  I’m looking forward to Wednesday’s ‘Liveâ€? and seeing what others have knit.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC