C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
I found this at KrisKrafter and was wondering if anyone saw this and/or used it? There is a model for some Brother machines, This link is for the models listed in the description, only. The LK150 is one of the ones this one is for:

https://www.kriskrafter.com/product-page/weave-r-weaving-attachment

I do believe there is a model for some Brother machines on the site, but not positive.

I seem to love doing the hand manipulation on my practice pieces, but, I am not sure I would do a whole sweater pulling needles, etc. This seems to be something that still allows the fun of actually doing the manipulation, with a little assist. I know that it is something that can be done without this, but, I think it might make things go a little more smoothly if making an adult sweater width fabric. I know that watching the video helped me understand what weaving is.

Any thoughts? I was thinking it would help make a simple pattern a little more exciting.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
It does look interesting, Cynthia.
Do you like the fabric weaving produces? IMHO it can get heavy and dense.

But you will still have to pull needles manually on the LK-150

You might be able to combine the Needle Beetle with this weaving device to make needle selection easier.
You'd have to check with Kris.

Sue
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago

I saw it combined with the needle beetle in a YouTube video. I don't think I would use it to make a complete fabric. I was thinking maybe at the bottom of a garment to add a little extra for only a couple rows, or if you are making a table topper or something like that, at each end. I agree, it would get heavy if used a lot in a fabric.

It was interesting. I am thinking that right now, I don't think I would get one, but wanted to point it out to others. If you google it, you can tind a few videos.

I came across it when I was looking for a Needle Beetle. I will tell you why I was looking for a Needle Beetle in a different post, because it would change sway away from the topic of this thread. 

J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Yes Sue, you can use the Needle Beetle with it 😊 I might have a go later... 
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
I am wondering about what you weave. I figure it can't be a heavier weight than the needles will hold, right? For instance, on the Lak150, yoy really can't yse regular bulky yarn that would be used on a bulky machine, maybe the in between bully, but as bulky as a bulky can use, would be too heavy a weight for the LK 150, right? So, you would not be able to weave with a heavier yarn than your machine can handle, right?

But, can you weave with a fingerling yarn on an LK150 to just give a lighter touch for texture in a few places? That would not make your fabric heavier, actually. If you wanted to use a yarn with sequins for a few rows, weaving would be a possibility? 

In these cases, would using the weaving with these options create a heavy fabric? I watched the Knit It Now Video. It was very pretty. But, if I remember correctly and if I am not confusing it with another video, it did seem like a heavy fabric. It was almost like a pretty tapestry. If a light weaving fiber was used, that would make a difference, right?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
The beauty of knit weave is that you can use any yarn to weave.  The weaving yarn doesn't go through the carriage or in the hooks of the needles. I've even seen knitters weave strips of fabric.

For some reason I always think of it being heavy and dense, but that really depends on the yarns used.

This Soft Sideways cardigan was knit on a standard machine with a soft bamboo yarn. The weaving yarn was a fine thick-n-thin yarn.

The hand of this sweater was very nice and not too heavy.

bubble.jpg

[bubble_sideways_full]
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC