K F
Kathleen Fraser

1 year ago

I am planning a xmas pullover for my 8yr old granddaughter.  I thought I’d do a drop shoulder pattern and fair isle motif with cats.  Since time is limited I was thinking to put the motif close to the hem ribbing and have plain knit sleeves because its less work.  However, when I look at pictures, it seems a fair isle motif is generally on the chest and flows across to the sleeves. Doing this makes me nervous.  Multi-coloured fairisle is tricky enough without trying to match it up.
Would the motif along the hem look okay?  Should I duplicate one or two of the borders across the chest for continuity?  

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Here is my motif swatch.  Its about 8â€? which would be 1/3 the sweater length.  The punch card needs a few adjustments, and the knitter needs to concentrate, but is a good place to start.
7E133317-47AB-421A-9023-849B6FEA5AFE.jpeg

J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
Lucky granddaughter!  It's a gorgeous design and I think it would look equally good if you positioned it immediately above the welt or so that it finishes on the row before the armhole shaping starts, or the edge of the sleeve will be attached if no armhole shaping.

Don't forget to post a picture of the completed sweater!

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Soooo cute!
I agree with @Jenny M Benson. It will be beautiful either way.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC