D B
Donna Bates

1 year ago

First off - THANK YOU for the Brother KH930/940 machine course!!!! After having my machine for almost 3 years I've FINALLY figured out how to make the electronic patterning works! I was lucky that I received the machine with all the manuals and parts (including the Ribber, G-Garriage, Knit Leader, Floppy Drive - with blank disks try to find THOSE now! A Garter Bar and so much more) and it was in pristine, fabulous condition (former owner worked at a store that sold the machine so it was lovingly care for).

But the manual was hardly helpful for how to select and use the built in patterns. Your instructions and visuals allowed me to figure out how to operate the panel and now I'm going bananas with it all.

Now, my question - I'm looking at the patterns in the pattern book and I see in the back on the grid layouts of each that there are numbers along the left hand side of some of the gridded examples. I've attached a screen capture with the numbers in the red box on the left. 

What are they for??? And how do I use that information???2022-11-16_14-19-02.png

S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
I'm so glad to hear that the course was helpful to you!

Your example is a lace pattern.  The numbers on the left are referred to as "memo" numbers.  These represent rows that you use your K carriage .

The rows with the black squares will transfer stitches with the lace carriage.

Here's a link to the info in the lace section of the course material (Lace Stitch Patterns)

https://www.knititnow.com/challenge/103/Group/5889/item

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC