L G
Linda Faye Goncher

1 year ago

Hi, new machine knitter, new machine (LK150).  I’m knitting a piece that is several stitches (100+) across.  I have been moving my claw weights up about every 12 rows.  I had no problems until I noticed one of the weights (all my weights are a couple of months old & I haven’t used my machine much) snagged on my knitting.  I have about a 3-4 stitch “bumpâ€? now.  I realize I’m knitting on the ‘purl’ side so will it show on the public side?  Or is there some remedy for these ‘bumps’?

TIA,
Linda 

J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
Use something blunt - like the single end of a transfer tool - to gently pull the stitches back to size, taking up the slack yarn.  Think of stitches 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 where 2, 3 and 4 are the pulled ones and the loop of snagged yarn is on the left.  You need to pinch the knitting at stitch 1 while you ease stitch 2 back to take up the slack, then repeat for the next stitch and so on.  It's a fiddly job and you might not get it perfect but good enough not to show.  I find it easier to work from the right side of the knitting.

(I have to do this sort of thing quite often because I have 2 cats and a dog!)

Jenny
L G
Linda Faye Goncher

1 year ago

I can’t thank you enough Jenny.  I will try this tip when I bind off this (long) piece. 

Linda 😀

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC