D B
Donna Bates

1 year ago
I've finally reached a state in my learning where I wanted to move onto using the ribber (KR830) on my KH-940 machine. I bought the ENTIRE set up (knitter, ribber, knit leader, stand, G-carriage, floppy drive, you name it I've got it - even manuals and an entire pad of original graphi design sheets). The machines were pristine for the most part - needed new sponge bars and some needles had to be replaced but in seriously excellent working condition - or so I thought.

The ribber was a bit gummed up from past oiling applications, like the Pitch lever was totally frozen. So I flushed everything with the cleaners and lubricants recommended by Ask Jack on The Answer Lady's site.

Now everything is working smoothly and I'm ready to mount it - my problem is I *KNOW* some of the settings have been changed because of shifting levers/buttons to make sure they were lubricated & working smoothly - HOW do I get the ribber back to default settings so I can start to tweak it from there to customize it for my use?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Hi Donna!
What do you mean by "default" settings?

Are you looking for the ribber settings for basic ribbing?

D B
Donna Bates

1 year ago
Well, the pitch lever was frozen on 'P' and I've managed to clean that up and get it moving again, and the grip handle was moved more than once. I'm trying to figure out a good place to start my personal adjustments from. It's mounted on the table and when I raise a needle on it and extend one from the knitter they don't crash into each other but they do touch on one side or the other. 

Did they come with anything set from the factory? I figured those settings would be a good place to begin with. The manuals say nothing.

I was hoping to find out how to ideally set it to begin learning to use it without damaging anything!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago

I suggest you work through the "Ribber Basic Bootcamp".

https://www.knititnow.com/challenge/66/ribber-basic-bootcamp

It's important for you to understand what the buttons and levers do for each technique you want to work.

For example, understand the difference between pitch and half pitch and when to use each setting.

https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/676/ribber-full-vs-half-pitch
pitch.jpg

There really are no "factory settings" - the position of the buttons and levers depend on what you want to do.

Unless the needles are crashing into each other, you force the carriage or use a yarn that is too thick. you really can't break anything.

Speaking of yarn ... knitting in full needle rib requires a finer yarn than other techniques. Having all needles in work on both beds doesn't leave a lot of room for a thick yarn.
FRN.jpg

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC