T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
I wanted to try a Mara european shoulder.
Due to yarn restriction (just 200 g dk weight acrylic and some mohair yarn in stash) it wil be a west.
And i saw this peplum cabled cardigan. Knitted on the KH 260,  T 6 makes a nice fabric.
(Plating was my plan, it was  working in the swatch,  but not in real time, so i wil try it in an other project.)

Putting that together by making a tension swatch and building the Maria sweater.
Needed 78 stitches at the back before armhole decreases. So I figured out the peplum with the cables. 
Knitting on the Brother kh260 without a ribber the peplum was a bit of work.
The edges and "garter-stripes' were made by some rows of the latch tool cast on behind the work. That edge lies damn flat.
Ending with 78 stitches i knit right up to the armhole and followed the Pattern. That was easy and fun.
Now i am working on the neckbands. By building the pattern i made the v-neck too shallow. Espessially the first  3-prong-3-stitch-decrease looks odd. Now i plan a kind of cut and sew (i will pick up at a marked line and fold back,  hope cutting is not needed.) so i stitched up some lines to decide.
Having about 50 graams for the bands left i estimate to get 4 or 5 rows of my latch tool edge. I confess i am not sure about buttons, 🤔 have to see the finished buttonband first,...but at least i have an idea HOW to make the buttonholes in this edge.IMG_20230108_012048.jpg
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
Pictures,  just the buttons leftIMG_20230110_114912.jpgIMG_20230110_114929.jpgIMG_20230110_115026.jpg
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
NICE!  Do you like the European (Tailored) shoulders?  They look beautiful!

Love your cables too ... you do such nice work!
Sue
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
Yes, The european shoulder is beautiful,  best on jackets,  just did not have the yarn,  this west was a stashbusterproject,  that should turn out useful. 
So,  next time i do some arms,  too.😊
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago

Well done, Bettina!  It's beautiful.

Jenny
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT