T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
Knitting the L'envelope pattern by Sally Melville/Sue, i had this great yarn, a bulky wool-hemp-yarn, and decided to make some random weaving rows with an even thicker novelty-yarn on my Brother KH 260, Tension 10, we are going big here....
First mistake: Made a loose chain-cast-on, or so i thought. Turned out to have been WAY too tight for stretching for incorporating the arm.
And second mistake: the one it all started: The Yarn.The monster is heavy, more than 600 gramms, the fabric curls, the cast on edge pulls inn, the fabric droppped more than the swatch indicated. It does not fit or drape gracefully as it should.  (I made a propper swatch, and washed and weightend it,..but did not see that coming.)

I have to admit, this yarn was barely suitable for the maskin, althought this workhorse takes nearly everything. and not suitable for the project at all. You don't like to carry with you nearly 1 kg of yarn to keep yourselv a little bit warm. And if a Knit-it-Now-pattern suggests e-wrap (And Sue hardly does that, you normally choose by yourselv), than you should think before replacing. If you can hardly stretch the fabric to hang it for the armhole, you should think twice.
Lesson learned (at least for this time, lol),

Knitting knitweave means showing the purl-side. By hanging the garment for knitting the sleeve that means the seam got visible.  including carrying up the weaving yarn. Next time i may knit the arm seperately and seam it.
The knitweave looks great. Have to use this technic sometimes.
Now i plan an other l'envelope, and know some  mistakes to avoid. First off all lighter yarn :-)IMG_20230115_125932.jpgIMG_20230115_121218.jpg
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
And when you knit a second time and the arm is stii (and even more) bunched up,  then you realize,  you should have red (i have) and understood (i thought,  but i may not) the pattern. Increasing 1 stitch every row each side MEANS  increasing 2 stitches per row,  not 1. Or the arm is dobbelt hight. So frogg(the arm) and knit  again. Glad it knits up fairly quick. 😊
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
IMG_20230118_215811.jpg
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
IMG_20230120_174158.jpg

I am Ready.

It is an easy knit, (normally  without bad luck and stupidness🤔😂) An unusual construcion, little efford for a statement piece. Good guidance in the course, too.
The shawl made in fairisle, two variegated yarns in similar colours.The pattern should emphasize the triangleelement in the design and the unusual form.
After some trial and error the sleeve in reverse stokkinette both yarns held together on the bulky Brother Kh 260. 
The ewrap cast on edge kept on garment side by hanging the piece for continuity.

But,...it's me, keeping it simple is not really what i do.
First attempt was wrong yarn, that did not go at all. Next i wanted to make better friends with my silverreed 840 with DAK, fairisle over the whole needlebed,that gave some patternissues, some of them i frogged, some i now call for intended design elements. After all, knitted with 2 variegated yarns i come away with that.
Some technical machine issues,  too.
Then i went wild in the armshaping, some gauge issues, some trial and error in diffferent patterns, at the 3. attempt i got it just as i wanted it. 🙂
Sometimes you have to frogg,  take a coffee,  and start afresh. 😊
IMG_20230120_174253.jpg
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC