G B
Greg Brown

1 year ago
I recently acquired a Studio SK860 machine (without the electronic software), which the seller had assured me was in perfect working order.  The machine was very clean when I received it, and I anticipated no problems.  Wrong!  The right sensor cam on the carriage keeps rubbing up against the metal rail at the back of the bed.  It appears that the machine may have been dropped at some point, because it doesn't look like the right end cap fits properly.  The sinker plate keeps hanging up on the needles when the carriage is moved to the left.  Naturally, it doesn't do this every time, but enough times to make me crazy.  I have properly oiled everything, and I am still having issues.  I also can't seem to get the tension mast adjusted properly, because I keep getting big loops at the side of my knitting.  I tried adjust my weights and even tried not using weight.  Oddly, it gets loopy on the sides for several rows, is fine for a few rows, and then starts again on one side or both sides.   

The seller does not do returns, so I didn't bother to contact her.  I have no idea who I can take the machine to, since knitting machine dealers/repair persons seem to be extinct.  I am beginning to think that I have a damaged carriage and/or machine.  At least I have a LK150, TH160, and KH260 that all work perfectly fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?
J F
Jill Foley

1 year ago
Try Needle-Tek....I’ve had good luck with them working on fixing my 860.  Use Google to find them....they answer on FaceBook.
G B
Greg Brown

1 year ago
Thanks Jill!  I will will try contacting them.
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
I am so BLESSED because not only have I found someone in the UK who repairs and services knitting machines but he lives only about 20 miles from me.  He has just brought my dear old KH710 back to health.

Jenny
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC