K C
KATE CLARK

5 years ago
I'm working through the L'Envelope Course on Knit it Now and I'm using Sanibel by Classic Elite Yarns. It is 58% viscose and 42% cotton. The yarn is beautiful but I'm not sure how to block it or if I really need to block it? Its handwash and dry flat, if I do that will it take the roll out of the edges?
Also, I'm trying to decide what edging to use to keep it from rolling. Any suggestion for trims/edgings that are sew as you go would be helpful. I've been toying with Judith Duffy's cabled edging.
Thanks,
Kate
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Blocking always improves the appearance of your knitting. Steaming with that high rayon (viscose) content should help with the rolled edges.  You need to try it on a swatch ... also with that high amount of rayon, hang your swatch to check for drop .... you don't want any surprises! ðŸ˜„

[thumb_804]  Check out the tutorial "Gauge and Drop"
K C
KATE CLARK

5 years ago
Thank you, Sue. I'm already experiencing that DROP issue while it hanging on the machine for me to knit the edging. I'll know for next time!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Learning to MK is a journey ðŸ˜
B P
Barbara Palmer

5 years ago
I tried watching L'Enveloppe, Part 2 live by clicking Private Event on the main page.  Couldn't see or respond in chat.  
- My dynamic pattern said to cast on 18 sts.  It was only by watching the video that I learned that I had to cast on the full amount.  A very slow, confusing start with that. 
- Getting ready to pick up sts for my sleeve.  I'll probably finish with I-cord.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
HI  Barbara... I'm sorry you missed the live event .... time difference?
The replay isn't ready yet.

The construction of L'Enveloppe is  different, that's why we are only offering the pattern with the course. 

Don't forget that when you pick up for the sleeve, you'll be picking up stitches to rows.
D L
Donna Lemmons

5 years ago
I've tried 3 different yarns in trying to make the L'Envelope and each time I don't have enough needles.  Am I doing something wrong?  What are some yarns people are using?  Do I just need thinner yarn?  I'll admit, I knit on my bulky more than my standard🙂  I tried a rayon slub that would be gorgeous but no luck.  
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Hi Donna!
No you aren't doing anything wrong .... it's just the math. 

What gauge are you getting?  What size do you want to knit?  How many more needles do you need? (maybe knitting looser will give you those few extra needles)

Since L'Enveloppe is basically a poncho, you have some "wiggle" room in the stitch counts.

Don't forget that tuck knits much wider than stockinette, you may consider using a tuck stitch.
Let us know the details.

Sue

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC