S B
Sherrie Berglin

5 years ago
Sue,   I have been spending a lot of time working on these felted wool slippers that we talked about and I would love to do anything I could to help you create a dynamic pattern for them.  I can send you some pictures and movies and swatch results and I also posted them on Machine Knitting on FaceBook.  Is anyone else here knitting and doing boiled wool?  ðŸ˜?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Here's a link to the slippers ...
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felted-slippers-3

Making a dynamic pattern is problematic  .... everything we do is based on gauge ... The only way this would work is if you swatch and felt to obtain gauge BEFORE starting to knit ... 
P D
Phyllis K Day

5 years ago
Hi Sherrie, Sue;

Felting is my latest interest. I have felted a knitted swatch, but it wasn't with felting wool, it was a nice Yeoman merino. So while it did shrink a bit, it wasn't really felted. Then I did a woven swatch of Yeoman felting wool. WOW! Do you think knit weaving might be the perfect marriage for a scarf in stockinette that won't curl on the ends? Clogs out of felted merino wool sound perfect for this time of year, very cozy. Gotta try that when I get more proficient with felting - and time management, ha ha. I'm going to start a new topic on felting in general. I hope you'll go there and tell me more about your felting fun.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC