S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

5 years ago

Just discovered some problems with the TITLE equipment:  Am using my Studio 890 Bulky electronic with KR-7 knit radar for first time.  I also have a Silver-Reed SA-205 motor mounted, and am using all 110 needles.

Perhaps these problems are just poor engineering at Studio’s end?

Problem 1:  The brackets that the motor mounts on are ¼â€? too close to the mounting of the KR-7 unit  to be able to put a radar pattern sheet into the KR-7 pattern slot without ripping the right edges of the pattern sheet.  The KR-7 won’t mount on the R/S of the bed; it has to be mounted on the L/S.   So I’m having to cut off ¼â€? (luckily doesn’t interfere with pattern itself)  with scissors from the right edge of all my pattern sheets before I can feed them into the KR-7 pattern slot.  Seems like poor engineering to me.

Problem 2:  Bigger problem.   For Bulky, you have to have both row counter levers UP so that it trips the radar twice for each row to advance the paper correctly for the bulky row gauge reading.  I’m having to use all 110 needles on garment am making.  But because of the motor housing, I can’t get the carriage all the way to the right side to clear the 110 needles when the 2nd RC lever is up (on R/S of carriage) because it hits the housing/cage.  I’m having to MANUALLY put the right side RC lever DOWN just before I hit the motor housing/cage when going from L to R so I can clear the 55th n on the R, and then MANUALLY put it back up again when going from R to L so it trips the RC and the KR-7 twice on each row.  This is very poor engineering, to me.

I could solve #2 by manually advancing the paper 1 row by hand each time and just leave the 2nd RC lever down so I can clear the right side motor housing.  Maybe that would be easier than manually putting the lever up and down all the time?

Egads!  Does anyone know of any other solutions?

(P.S.  The above equipment used with a Studio Bulky 155 presented none of these problems.)

S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

5 years ago
Hmmmm….well, I may have solved the 2nd problem; since the R/S RC lever STEM is longer than the L/S RC STEM, I'll try to switch these around so that the shorter stem maybe won't hit the motor housing/cage..I'll have to give that a try and let you know what I come up with. 
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

5 years ago
Nope!  RATS!  Even the short-stemmed lever won't clear the motor housing.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  The KR-7 works with the 890 per my research, but apparently not when the motor is mounted. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC