K S
Kerry Stewart

4 years ago
This is my question I have tried and still get lost so any help would be appreciated.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Where are you getting stuck?  IMHO this skill requires steps to learn.  (These videos are free at Knit it Now and are also included with DAK 8)

1. Get get used to using the graphics studio master 
Conversion of a knitting machine punchcard pattern

2. Start with a black and white drawing
Conversion of a black and white diagram to a stitch pattern

3.Adding color to the conversion sequence
Conversion of a MultiColored Picture

4.Convert a photo
Conversion of a full color photo into a sweater design

Beyond this, I know there are quite a few DAK "experts" in the Knit it Now community that have done this successfully, hopefully they can help you.
T W
Tina Watson

4 years ago
A little late answering this but--  To knit a photo, I first edit the photo in Adobe Photoshop (you can also use Gimp) before I import into DAK.  I do not do any editing in DAK Graphics Studio.  When I am editing in my photo software, I am aiming to get the photo in black in white with fewer details.  This is mostly done with changing the exposure (and also removing the background).  You also need to "pixelize" the photo in your editing software so that each pixel is then a stitch.  I usually knit my photos in 3-4 colors.  I have step by step directions on my blog if you need more info.  https://hermanhillsfarm.com/index.php/editing-photos-to-knit/
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Thanks, Tina!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC