J B
Jessica Borchert

5 years ago
Hi Sue,

while there are many, many options for sweaters with the basic patterns, I still miss raglan sleeves there. Might they someday be added?
I'd really enjoy being able to knit raglans with any gauge without having to fight with the math first.
There are many raglan generators on the net, but only for top down knit-in-the-round handknit raglans.

Best regards
Jessica
S W
Sharron Woodward

5 years ago
Hi Jessica, raglans are a favorite of mine too.  Search for Jonquil Pullover or Flirt Pullover and you will find an entire section of great raglan pullovers.  This is under the knit section I believe.  Sharron
J B
Jessica Borchert

5 years ago
Thanks a lot, Sharon. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Do you happen to know, why I couldn't find them via "Knit - Machine Knitting Patterns - The Basics"? It is listed under Basics, but I'm obviously to blind to see it. I checked under "Pullovers" and "Cardigans", but those don't offer Raglan sleeves.
E M
Elspa Metzdorff

5 years ago
I am wonderi g about that as well Jessica
S W
Sharron Woodward

5 years ago
I found it by looking at the shared section then I searched by the sweater pattern shared.  That caused me to start investigating sweater names I wasn’t finding.  I have often looked through all the free or bonus patterns without finding what I was thinking of making- finding the huge list of pattern choices was like finding the treasure chest.
M F
Matthew Friedman

5 years ago

We have Raglan format in development for the basics.
The issue we are having - and this might be a good place to ask is the follow

For a "perfect" raglan the format requires that you at the top of the sleeve where we connect the sleeves to the front and the back sections is not a simple taper that cuts off flat at the end.
there is shaping to get it fit better in your neckline.

The challenge is... If dynamic patters if you enter in a small gauge (ie 4 stitches and 6 rows) and you select a small size we do not enought stitches to do the shaping.

What we are thinking is to mark the pattern if we "ran out" of stitches to shape and it is flat top.

We have this in the "lab" working on it...  (FYI be working on a REALLY cool new feature right now!!) but we will put this back on the list.

Do you need that top shaping.  that mark at the top of G

I would like to hear what you guys think.
Matt

raglan top.png 

a o
abby oropeza

5 years ago
Hi Mathew top shaping would be great if possible.  
J B
Jessica Borchert

5 years ago
Oh yes. If it is possible, top shaping would be great. I always get trouble with draughts if my neck isn't covered up to the first neck vertebra (you know, the one at the base of the neck that sticks out a little). I'd probably fudge it, though, if top shaping isn't possible.
E M
Elspa Metzdorff

5 years ago
I have handknitted a lot of raglan sweaters and I have never knitted one with shaped sleeve top. I was surpriced first time I met shaped sleeve top in Garment Designer. Maby the raglan I am used to is different? If you look at patterns for faroese sweaters, they have no shaping on top of the sleeves. In Shirley Padens book “Knitwear design workshopâ€? there is a classic raglan sweater with no shaping on top sleev. So for me it is not nessesary. 😊 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC