J B
Jessica Borchert

5 years ago
Hi everyone.
I'm Jessica from Germany. I'm a subscriber to knititnow for about three years know and enjoy machine knitting very much. I'm an advanced beginner and my my most used machine is the Empisal MK70 midgauge.

I love the patterns and help on knititnow and as I'm math challenged I'm always glad only to have to do a gauge swatch and get a fitting sweater without calculating my head off.
N M
Nancy Mangeri

5 years ago
LOL   it is nice to not have to do all the math!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Hi Jessica!
Thanks for joining the forum!  I love that you said "my most used machine is..." Funny that we love them all, but do have favorites ðŸ˜
Regarding math:
I recently told someone that I was a machine knitter and she made a face and said "ohhh... all that math"  LOL - 
J B
Jessica Borchert

5 years ago
Hi Sue,

I suppose everyone has a favourite, which just covers all the things we like best of all our machines. The MK70 is so versatile and you can carry it with you without problem. Of course it doesn't have a ribber, but we can work around that, now can't we 😄.

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone ever realises that hand knitting is just as much math unless you can try the item on as you go 😉.
R R
Regina Renn

5 years ago
Hi, I am Regina from Germany. Although I have all kinds of knitting machines, I love my LK 150. Get a fancy yarn,  make swatch, and there you go. For an exiting yarn I choose a simple pattern: Straight, not too long, wide arms, but narrow at the wrist. That's my style. However my sophisticated middle gauge Silver Reed with ribber, electronics and lots of cables is resting under a cover and keeps nagging me to use it. You know what? I am intimidated by it ... !😱
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Hi Regina! Welcome!
How about baby steps with your "grown up" machine?  Start with the main bed, discover all the similarities to your LK  150.  Make your signature sweater with it ... When you get really inspired, plug in all the cables and play with stitch patterning - Do you have your manuals? Do you have DAK?

Lastly ... add the ribber - play with the possibilities of ribbed fabric (not just welts, cuffs and hems) Make your signature sweater in a ribbed fabric. 

One step at a time ... and no overwhelm!  :-)
W A
W.M. Assink-Kleve

5 years ago
Hi Regina, I understand so well what you mean, I had that same feeling with my electronic Brother 940! I am friends with it now but I still prefer the Brother 350, similar machine as the LK 150. Not picky about irregular yarn or knots!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC