B L
Brenda Livingston

5 years ago
I am looking for a pattern of a hat that has the really long pointed top that hangs down the back.  Not sure how to describe it.  They used to be very popular a many years ago.  Thanks in advance.
N M
Nancy Mangeri

5 years ago
Brenda,
How detailed of a pattern do you need? And what weight yarn  ... they were sometimes called "voyager" hats  worn by French explorers of north America.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Hi Brenda!
You can easily use the Knit it Now Magic Formula Tool to create your own Elf Hat - AKA Santa's Helper Hat 
Make it any size and length you want!  Let us do the math, leaving you to get creative

elf_hat_push.jpg 
B L
Brenda Livingston

5 years ago
Nancy, I would just like a simple pattern on how to make one.
Sue, I'm too new to understand what your post was about.
Thank you
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Brenda,
1. Who will wear this hat?
2. How long do you want it?
3. What yarn are you going to use?
J S
Jean Schwan

5 years ago
The Elf hat will be perfect for our two Christmas Daughters.  They have always made very involved Christmas plans....not sure where that came from. I know for sure they (and their grown kids and husbands) will all be getting an Elf hat for Christmas.  
B L
Brenda Livingston

5 years ago
Sue,  Thank you for your response.  Took me a while to get back to this.  I would be making the hats for adults and my grandkids aged 10 and under.  I found a pattern for a Toboggan hat that looks  like what I want.  I knitted from the top (narrowest part) down to the widest part.  Now how do I go about adding the ribbing???
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Is the knitting still on your machine?  You could hand manipulate (re-form) stitches to create ribbing.

Here's a tutorial "Basic Ribbing without a Ribber"

You'll want to be sure to bind off loosely.  Here's a suggested bind off
Stretchiest Bind off Ever.
P L
Phyllis Lambert

5 years ago
Betty Bailey's book, "The Machine Knitter's Guide to the Ribber" has instructions for a Pixie Hood with neck closure (page 21). Very straightforward pattern. Three sizes. Uses the ribber. I would be happy to share, but I'm not sure it wouldn't be a copyright infringement to "lift" it.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC