S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

5 years ago

I used my KR-7 radar on this sweater.  But, of course, I managed to forget to shape the neckline, so I got “forcedâ€? into making my first cut-n-sew neckline in many years.  I didn’t use my commercial cut-n-sew neckline, but adapted a Ricki Mundstock  easy cut-n-sew technique.  So not shaping the neckline at all was problem #1. 

Problem #2 was that I made 3 necklines and all three were totally and obviously TOO SMALL.  I had to sleep on it before I realized that the problem was that the contrast yarn (the darker blue welts, cuff, neckline) was thinner than the main bulky yarn (altho both were for bulky machines).  It worked OK on the welt and cuff ribbing because I have a small waistline and narrow wrists.  But when I came to the neckline, this thinner yarn just wasn’t cutting it because the first necklines could have fit only a baby!  I finally (duh!) figured-out I’d have to cast-on the thinner yarn over all 110 bulky needles and knit it at a looser tension so I wouldn’t strangle myself.  I don’t do well with necklines that touch my neck, so I had to have it quite wide.  It worked out in the end, but, as usual,

I learned something new --- which is to be careful about mixing (2) thicknesses of yarn in the same garment!
IMG_1179.jpg 

Attachments area

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC