S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
About Sue Jalowiec:

My MK journey started when I "retired" in 1999 and went to Newton's Knits in Anaheim and bought a brand new Brother 970 . I had no idea what I was getting into!

Arrogantly, (I was a seamstress and long-time hand knitter) I thought "how hard can this be?

After a lot of frustration, I found a teacher an hour away and worked with her weekly for a few months... Then discovered that there was (and still is) a very active MK group in San Diego. I started driving down there weekly. (about 90 minutes) I subsequently moved to San Diego and was able to learn even more from that fabulous and generous group Machine Knitters Guild of San Diego

In 2008 I purchased Bonnie Triola Yarns when Bonnie retired.

Shortly after I was complaining to my friend and co-worker, Matthew Friedman (a programmer) that I was frustrated with writing knitting patterns by hand (I'm not a math person). I would do all the math for a design based on a yarn I had for sale, then I'd sell out and the yarn was no longer available. Of course, the pattern was no longer valid unless I could match the exact gauge.

"It's only Math".....  Matt and I started working on our pattern "engine" shortly after. This allowed me to come up with a design and allow knitters to use any yarn and any knitting machine ... even hand knitting.

Instead of including knitting instructions in each pattern, our Learning Library was born.

In looking back, I'm always amazed at how much we have accomplished in the last few years. A knitter and a non-knitting programmer ... who knew?

If you've been following us for any time, you'll know that the website is not static.  We are constantly adding and improving things. We are dedicated to do whatever we can to meet our goal of helping you be a better machine knitter.

Thank you to all of our supporters and subscribers.  Without you Knit it Now wouldn't be possible.

Here's our original home page ... we've come a long way!  ðŸ˜ƒ

[early_kin] 

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC