N R
Nancy Richard

5 years ago
I hope I’m doing this right and not starting a whole new thread 🙂. Hi, my name is Nancy. I’m from Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I started handknitting when I was 8 years old, and when I was in my 30s, I bought a lovely new bulky Brother knitting machine and ribber. This was in the mid-80s when you could still buy these fabulous machines brand new. I still have them. I did a lot of machine knitting back then, some of it for sale. But after several years, I started working full-time and the machine sat unused for many years. I now have more time as I’m not working and my husband, bless him, has set up a great studio in the attic for me and my knitting machines (and the spinning wheels and the looms and etc.) I now also have a standard sized Brother with a ribber as well. I love learning new tricks and since the machine knitting community here is, as far as I know, gone, there are no classes to be had in person. Knit It Now is a wonderful resource. I’ve been a member for quite a while and enjoy the patterns. Now I’m going to start enjoying the classes. Yay!
N M
Nancy Mangeri

5 years ago
Hurray! Another  Nancy! What model Brother standard  do you have? I am still using my Brother 601 8 button  machine (new in '72) . I have an 800 but 601 is my favorite.
You'll get a lot from the forum, courses, and club events to keep you inspired!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Welcome Nancy R!
Isn't it wonderful to have a space all to yourself for your crafts? Thanks for joining our little group.
We started Knit it Now over 8 years ago because so many of us felt alone in our love for MKing - with the magic of technology we can have our little virtual club and share ideas and inspiration (without the snacks).....  a "no calorie" knit club. ðŸ˜
M F
Matthew Friedman

5 years ago
Nancy.  Love hearing other New England people are the forum.
I live north of Boston in Marblehead.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC