J R
Jill Rashleigh

5 years ago
My first adventure in machine knitting started in 1975.  A friend of mine showed me a pink Passap she had purchased - only for knitting bands on her hand knitteds.  I fell in love immediately and had to have one.  I looked around and decided that a Lemair Helvetia offered best value for money - it had punch cards and push buttons and a built in charting device.  There were no lessons and I spent some trying to work it all out.  Then my friend found a Passap in the local paper and so I bought it.  Not thinking for one moment that I might want 2 machines I sold the Lemair.  I found a local MK club and had a wonderful time learning new things and finding new things to buy - several more machines needed new homes and joined my collection.  Life moved on and in 1985 I had a home business and a young family and something had to give - I sold up and changed direction.  By 1990 life had settled down and I was yearning for a knitting machine once more.  I bought the Passap E6000 in 1993, followed by a Singer 327 and my second adventure began. The 327 went to a new home but a Brother 860 and 260 joined the family, along with a SK120 and LK150.  I love machine knitting and I love seeing what other people are doing.  I joined KIN to be part of a community of machine knitters, to support machine knitting and to share inspiration with other knitters.  I am grateful to Sue for creating KIN and continually finding something new for us to try.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Hi Jill!
Thank you for joining this group and for your continued support of Knit it Now!
I'm smiling at your story ... It's interesting that so many of us come back to  our machines even after long breaks.  There's something about the challenge of mastering a machine and the satisfaction of getting things done more quickly by machine.  
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC