M C
Magda Colombo

4 years ago
I love knitting socks, they are very comfortable for me.   In Baby you can see the baby's socks I done.  IMG_7317.jpg  IMG_3169.jpg  IMG_2703.jpg 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Thanks for sharing .. your work is beautiful!
N H
Nancy Huffaker

4 years ago
Wow Those are all fantastic. 
I'm a newbie and wondering what pattern do you use?
Are these on the ribber and knit circularly or knit flat with a seam?
I wonder if I could knit socks with my bulky machine, these look like they were knit on a standard machine. 
Nancy
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Nancy,
To make the "mini" socks (or any size kids sock) you can use the knit it Now Kids Dynamic Pattern 
Yes, you can knit socks on the bulky ... not the "mini's" but other sizes will work!
S W
Sharron Woodward

4 years ago
Great socks!
Y G
Yvonne Gonzales

4 years ago
Is it better to use sock yarn ?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Good sock yarn is usually a blend with a little nylon or (or a man-made fiber) that helps socks last longer.
M C
Marie-Jo Chaminade-Saintesprit

4 years ago
Hello ! I am looking for a new idea! I knit several pairs of socks and enjoyed it very much. But stockinette does not appear to me as a good choice because it's not strong enough and .... my toes are outside now!! I need your advice to make sure the next pair will resist a bit more!! (Is my question clear enough?) Thank you for your help 😖
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
  1. Have you tried running a reinforcing thread with the yarn when knitting the heels and toes?
    Search for lang jawoll - a reinforcing thread designed for socks
  2. What about knitting heels and toes in a tuck stitch .. A simple 1x1 tuck would add extra strands and possibly give more wear
  3. What about knitting the heels and toes with knitweave... again 1x1 with an extra strand for more wear.
  4. What yarn are you using?  I'm sure there are some sock yarns that are more durable than others.
  5. I've seen a suggestion of working duplicate stitch after the sock is complete

Hope this helps!
M C
Marie-Jo Chaminade-Saintesprit

4 years ago
You suggest several possibilities I should have thought of! Thank you Sue, it helps very much. The first one I want to explore is the tuck stitch which is one of my favourite and perhaps the one I know best. But I'll give a try to your other suggestions : I want to become a better machine knitter, of course.I hope I will be on time tomorrow for our knitting appointment which is very useful to me!
S J
Silvana Johnson

4 years ago
Those socks are beautiful! That's the look I'm aspiring to obtain, lol! Practice, Practice, Practice right?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Insta_practice (Time 0_00_06;04).jpg 
C P
Cynthia Price

4 years ago
Your socks are really lovely.  great work.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC