M C
Magda Colombo

5 years ago
Hello everyone,
I am thinking to buy a knitting machine for fair isle as support to my Singer double bed.    (European version of White) The Memomatic  - electronic light box - doesn't select correctly and it is impossible to repair it.  The machine is ok for all the other hand manipulated stitches, as you can see in what I posted in Hats, baby and soon.
Could you suggest me a brand and model to help my choice please ?  electronic without PC, hand punch-card, or.....

Thank you so much for you help. xx.  and Happy New Year with lots of knitting. 🙂 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
NOTE: Magda uses a Mac and doesn't want to mess with the tech stuff related to using Windows based software. Ideas anyone?
Sue
E M
Elspa Metzdorff

5 years ago
Hi
If your new machine is for fairisle only, you could by any singlebed machine. A brother punchcard machine is perfect for fairisle and it is just as fast as knitting stockinett stitch. But you have to find or create fairisle patterns that are suitable for 24 stitch repetition. Or you can buy an electronic Brother machine and be able to do any fairisle pattern by manually programing the machine or use a pre programed pattern. I love doing fairisle on a simple manual machine. It takes more time, but you can have it as you want and even change color in the middle of a row. 
If you want to knit rib on your Singer and then hang the knitting on another machine, you have to think about different gauges - Is’nt your Singer a 5 mm gaugh machine? 
M C
Magda Colombo

5 years ago
Thank you Elsa, I am considering to buy SuperbaKnit "B". and I will use my husband's laptop Windows.....  

Does anyone use already SuperbaKnit ?   
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC