Magic Racked Scarf
Produce more than boring 1x1 ribbing on your machine
All it takes is a little dedicated knitting time (no interruptions for this one). The actual knitting is quick. You will have a FO (finished object) in no time!
This is not a beginner project. You need to be familiar with the racking technique on your machine.
What you need to Know to Knit this Scarf
The Pattern - Design your own Perfect Fit™ scarf!
- No math! Use any Yarn, Machine or stitch pattern
- Yarn calculator included
- Perfect Fit™ - make it YOUR size
Basic DIY Scarf
This pattern is FREEAdd To Your Library
Take a deep-dive into knitting ribbing with practice
Purchase This Home Study Course
If you've never used your ribber, or you've never used it for more than 1x1 ribbing, this course is for you!
Open yourself to a whole new world of machine knitting! Create gorgeous fabrics, learn to knit in the round and challenge yourself with techniques that will make you look like a pro!
Think of using your knitting ribber as using 2 knitting machines. Can you tuck and slip and work short rows on your machine? Then you can do these things on the ribber.
The clear, detailed, step-by-step tutorials walk you through mastering your ribber and will re-ignite your passion for your knitting machine!
Master 2x2 Ribbing
Purchase This Machine Knitting Course
- Learn a quick and easy way to cast on in any needle setup.
- Practice techniques for perfect ribbing. From Seaming to bind off methods
- Practice the beautiful tubular cast on (AKA Kitchener Cast on) with a printable cheat sheet to help you keep on track
- Learn and practice 2 practical bind off methods
- Put your new skills to work in knitting a "Messy Bun" hat
- Up for a challenge? Learn an exciting 2 color Corrugated Rib technique
- 24 Lessons - 19 videos - 11 exercises
Talkin' about Ribbers
Join us everyTuesday at 10am MST
Google "What time is it in Phoenix"
Can't make it LIVE? Replays are available
This is a replay of a LIVE event about ribbers
Maybe you're considering purchasing a ribber for your machine or maybe you have one and haven't used it.
Let's talk about how adding a ribber to your MK setup can expand your horizons.
Did you know you can do much more than plain 'ol 1x1 ribbing?
Links mentioned in the ShowRibber Workshop (Printed book)
Ribber Basic Bootcamp
2x2 Ribbing Course
100% Reversible Scarf (full needle Rib)
Circular / Tubular Knitting
Jumplinks00:01:01 - What is a ribber?
00:04:23 - What is a Passap Machine?
00:05:34 - Other options for a ribber
00:12:08 - Possibilities for more than just ribbing
00:22:31 - 100% Reversible Scarf (Full Needle Rib)
00:30:24 - Stitch patterning with the ribber
00:32:42 - Knit it Now Ribber courses
00:40:12 - Next Week : Cables on the Machine