Soap Sack ContestCalling all knitters! Join our exciting Soap Sack Challenge and experience the joy of creating something both fun and practical. Knitting soap sacks is a satisfying endeavor that combines creativity with usefulness.
These charming pouches are perfect for holding soap bars, reducing waste, and promoting sustainable living.
Plus, by participating, you'll have a chance to win fantastic prizes, including Soap Sack Tote Bags and Knit it Now subscriptions. So, dust off your knitting machine and let your imagination soar as you craft unique soap sacks that make a difference.
Get ready to be inspired and showcase your knitting skills!
Join the Contest
- Enter to win prizes (Soap Sack Tote, Measuring tape and Knit it Now memberships)
- Design, knit, fill and donate soap sacks
- Submit photos and share your designs
- Donate locally or through the S.A.C.K. organization
- No time to knit? Participate by voting on the submissions
- The contest is open to all machine knitters. (no membership required).
- The Soap Sacks must be mostly knit on the knitting machine (combine hand knitting / crochet is OK)
- Any style of sack is welcome. Recommended size is 4" x 6" (10cm x 15cm)
- 100% Cotton yarn MUST be used.
- Any stitch pattern, technique(s) and knitting machine can be used
- Use the Knit it Now Dynamic Pattern or chart your own, take clear and creative photos of your finished soap sacks and share them
- Promote the project with #soapsack on social media
- Photo submissions must be received by June 30, 2023
- Submissions are to be made using the Share your Work feature in the pattern on the website
- Winners will be determined by votes from fellow knitters
- Voting will start on June 15, 2023
- 2 Soap Sack tote Bags and Measuring tapes plus 2 three month memberships to Knit it Now will be awarded
- Best use of color
- Most Original
- Most Creative
- Most Sacks Submitted
- The winners will be announced at our LIVE Knit Club July 5
- Knit it now reserves the right to modify these rules at anytime