V R
Vee Richardson

3 years ago
Has anyone used the "new" Shaped Crown Beanie pattern successfully? I make hats for charity and had done several of the "old" Adult Shaped Crown Beanie. However, that is now retired, so I made one with the new pattern, a Medium with gauge 18 stitches and 24 rows to 4". The pattern says to cast on 80 stitches and start the crown shaping on RC:23. This resulted in a hat that will not fit a child. 
The Small in the previous version, same gauge, calls for casting on 88 stitches and start the crown shaping on RC:46. This resulted in a more reasonable size. (See photo for difference) 
Are the new hat instructions correct? Is there something I am missing? Would prefer to have the old pattern back, maybe with a different name as I now have 2 patterns in My Library with almost the same names.   
Thanks for any help/suggestions,
M F
Matthew Friedman

3 years ago
Vee,  sorry about that one.  we tried to reduce the number of patterns and although the numbers were correct for the data entered - we had a new sizing group on this pattern that did not have all the newborn and little sizes.

So we took the old pattern out of retirement and is now back available to use.
As we try to make the site better - sometimes we have to take a step back.

Enjoy and sorry for the confusion.
Thank you for your support.

Here are links to the patterns:
Kids Crown Shaped Beanie
Adult Shaped Crown Beanie
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC