P S
Patricia J Schwab

2 years ago
Hi,
I am working through the "Lace Workshop".  Just finished Tuck and Tuck Lace.  I was unable to set up the out of work needles as instructed in the Workshop.  I was able to knit Tuck Lace with the card form the Workshop, with 2 needles in work, one needle out of work across the needle bed.
Posting pictures.  The Red swatch is Tuck Stitch with all needles in work.  The swatch with some yellow in it is Tuck Lace in the above needle set-up.  I can't show you the one with the set-up in the Workshop, because, it did not Tuck--no needles were left to Tuck.
Anyone else tried this card from the Workshop and this Needle-setup from the Workshop??
Thanks!
Patty S
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Patty,
I'm sorry you struggled with that stitch pattern, but it seems like you got the idea about tuck lace and have had some success.

For anyone interested, Patty is referring to a Knit-along that we held some time ago. Here's the link
https://www.knititnow.com/knitclub/58/Knitalong/part-lace-workshop

If you'd like a really deep-dive into tuck (and tuck lace) I highly suggest keeping an eye out for  this book
"Tuck Knitting: Designs and patterns" by Regine Faust.   It's out of print, but if you can find one for a reasonable price, it's really good!

tuck_knitting.jpg 
L M
LeAnne McDaniel

2 years ago
I am also working through the lace workshop.  I'm using a Silver Reed 860 and working on the second week.  However, when I download the pattern indicated for the Silver Reed (#112 from Stitch World 3) it is marked as Fair Isle and when I try to do a swatch in DAK, I get instructions for a 2-color piece.  What am I missing?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Lace isn't appropropriate for the 860 (mid-gauge)

If you want to work with the lace symbols, you can change the method of knitting to "hand".
L M
LeAnne McDaniel

2 years ago
Darn it!! My bad, it's an 840.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
😄
OK - can you explain what's happening?  

"when I try to do a swatch in DAK, I get instructions for a 2-color piece."

Are you using interactive knitting?  
L M
LeAnne McDaniel

2 years ago
First I open stitch Designer and open 112.pat (which is what downloads for the Silver/Singer/Studio option.  First thing I notice is that the file is *.pat rather than a *.stp file.  Upon opening, it looks fig. 1 from the attached.  When I go into interactive knitting, it looks like fig. 2.  Is 112.pat not the correct file to create a lace stitch pattern, as shown?docx Figures.docx     

S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
to keep from sending too many email from the forum, I'm going work with LeAnne outside of the forum and I'll update this post when we get to the bottom of this.  If anyone is interested in this topic, please contact me directly.  sue@knititnow.com
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC