L M
LeAnne McDaniel

2 years ago
Hi there! I'm making the Weekend T in DAK 9 so I can use a stitch pattern with interactive knitting. I'm looking at the Handsome_Tuck.stp and it says it is for 1 or 2 colors. How do I knit a tuck in 2 colors?  How many rows of each color should I tuck?  This is an SK840...
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi LeAnne!
You'll be knitting stripes as you knit the tuck.  The results are amazing!

The Handsome tuck is just 2 rows of each color.

We have a video in the Tuck Classroom on multi-color tuck

Here's a link

[handsome_tuck_b] 
L M
LeAnne McDaniel

2 years ago
Wow!  Of course!  I didn't think to actually go through the Tuck class LOL... Headed there now. Thanks! 

Also, how do I assign the colors in DAK9?  When I color every other row, it doesn't really look like your example.   Is there another step in DAK9?

And, oops! After coloring the rows, when I go to interactive knitting to make a swatch, I get the "some rows have more than one opaque yarn."  Not sure how to fix it...
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
It's going to look like this in DAK.  You won't see the design until you knit it
(check the rows of the stripes ...)

Be sure to set your knitting method to right or wrong side facing.

Transparent = clean window
Opaque = dirty window

In the yarn palette, make sure one of the colors you choose has a clean window (transparent)
transparent.jpg
L M
LeAnne McDaniel

2 years ago
Wow!  It is a beautiful pattern.  I ran into trouble trying to calculate the gauge.  I can make the stitch gauge work but it's a mess trying to measure the rows.  See pic.  How should I proceed?
PXL_20210807_152450693.jpg  
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
I would  knit a larger swatch (especially more rows) and see if you can get rid of that distortion.
M H
Mary Hay

2 years ago
Looks as if it needs to be washed and blocked before measuring.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC