d p
delia pena

4 years ago
MY punch card does not work. how can i make design on my pattern or learn how to make them
L M
Laurel Murphy

4 years ago
Hand manipulation is not a substitute for your punchcard device not working, because most punchcards have numerous repeats that would have to be done across the width of the stitches on your machine.  For example, let's say you are using a 24 stitch punch card, and the repeat is 6 st wide.  That's 4 repeats for 24 st.  But if your piece is 144 st wide, then you will have to make 24 hand manipulations per row.

Hand manipulation is much better used to create effects that are used only a few times across the fabric.  For example, a simple 2X2 cable is done within a 24 st repeat.  That means for your 144 st piece there are only 6 manipulations, not 24.  So please look into why your punch card device is not working--there are many forums on the internet that address these problems depending on which machine you are using.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago

[QUOTE username=Delia Pena userid=6663372 postid=1308757064]MY punch card does not work. how can i make design on my pattern or learn how to make them[/QUOTE]
Hi Delia!

I agree with @Laurel Murphy  that you should look into why your punchcard isn't working.  But hand manipulation is an option. LK-150 knitters and those with other manual machines create lots of different stitch patterns without automatic patterning.  Is it slower? Yes ... but it's still faster than hand knitting.

Here's a video that may inspire you

Timesaving Tips for Hand Manipulation

Do you  understand the logic behind stitch patterning?  To create beautiful tuck and slip stitch patterns, you need to understand the relationship between the needle positions (whether hand selected or selected with a punchcard or electronics) and the carriage settings on your machine.

Check these out;

Slip stitch Classroom
Tuck Talk Classroom

Let us know how we can help you move forward .. punchcards or not!

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC